Residency Listing

Lenox Hill Hospital
Department of Pharmacy
100 E 77 Street
New York, NY 10075
Code: 22044
NMS Code: 208713
Postgraduate Year One (PGY1)
Pharmacy
Accreditation Status: Accredited
 
Residency Program Director: Paul T. Nowierski, B.S.Pharm, R.Ph.
(212) 434-3175
Fax: (212) 434-3176
Email: pnowierski@northwell.edu
  
Director of Pharmacy: Paul T. Nowierski, B.S.Pharm, R.Ph.
(212) 434-3175
Fax: (212) 434-3176
Email: pnowierski@northwell.edu
  
Residency Information:
Duration/Type: 12 Months
Number of Positions: 3
Application Deadline: 1/11/2019
Estimated Stipend: 50700
Interview Required: Yes
 
Residency Special Features:   

Lenox Hill Hospital is a non-for-profit, teaching, tertiary care facility, and a member of the Northwell Health System. The residency program offers three positions in pharmacy practice residency. The following pharmacy practice rotations are offered to customize the resident's preference through our extensive clinical practice programs: Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Medical Intensive Care, Surgical Intensive Care, Cardiothoracic Intensive Care, Cardiology, Hematology/ Oncology, Pharmacy Practice Management/Administration, Neonatal Intensive Care, Informatics, and Emergency Medicine. The residents will have opportunities to participate in many various clinical projects during their residency associated with multiple disciplines at the hospital. The residency also has affiliations with LIU- Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences and St. Joseph's University School of Pharmacy, which allows for opportunities in academic instruction.

 
Fringe Benefits:   Competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, 20 days paid time off, travel support to attend ASHP Midyear Meeting.
 
Special Requirements for Acceptance:   Pharm.D. , New York State licensure required by September 30th, letter of intent, curriculum vitae, college academic transcript and three letters of recommendations. An on-site interview will be required.
 
Training Site Type: Hospital
Owner Affiliate:

Northwell Health System

Model Type(s): Teaching
Tax Status: Nonprofit
Professional Staff: 50
Non-Professional Staff: 24
Total Beds: 652
Site Special Features:   Lenox Hill Hospital, a 652-bed, acute care hospital located on Manhattan's Upper East Side, has earned a national reputation for outstanding patient care and innovative medical and surgical treatments. The hospital is particularly well known for excellence in Internal Medicine, Prostate Cancer & Robotic Surgery, a leader in LGBT healthcare equality, orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, cardiovascular miracles, maternal and child care, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Institute, plastic and reconstructive surgery, bariatric surgery • Approximately 45% of Lenox Hill Hospital's patients are from Manhattan. The remaining 55% come from Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Long Island, the Tri-State area and around the world. • Lenox Hill Hospital is committed to providing a high standard of patient care to a socio-economically and ethnically diverse patient population, with multi-lingual translators available 24 hours a day. Our History: http://www.lenoxhillhospital.org/about.aspx?id=102